Amigo Technology is a small, innovative IT service business and Managed Service Provider (MSP), seeking a junior technical support officer that can work with our friendly team. Amigo Technology has been operating on the Sunshine Coast for over 10 years, with the goal of making technology friendlier and more accessible for everyone.
This is a full time position in Ninderry, QLD, but regular remote work and flexible work hours will be available down the track if desired.
We are seeking a candidate who has:
– A keen interest in working with and growing their skill sets with a wide variety of modern computing technologies (both hardware and software – bonus points if you have a home lab!)
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills within a team and client setting
– At least two years of experience working in a technical support position, ideally in a managed IT services (MSP) setting
– A high level of attention to detail (put the word “Amigo” in the “Additional Comments” section of our application form) and a commitment to a process-based approach to IT services
– A current drivers licence (provisional or higher)
You MUST be able to work with the following systems and platforms. This includes the ability to consult, setup and migrate systems for individuals and small businesses who use these:
– Microsoft Windows 10
– Microsoft Microsoft 365 for Business
– Google Workspace
This position will have many opportunities for growth, and over time you will be encouraged to work with a wide range of technologies and platforms. Prior experience with the following would be greatly appreciated, although this is not a requirement:
– Debian-based Linux (eg. Linux Mint 19 / Ubuntu 18.04 or newer)
– Apple MacOS 10.13+
– Proxmox 6+ (or other hypervisor / virtualisation platforms)
– Small business and residential networking and storage systems (eg. pfSense, OpenWrt, OpenMediaVault), including configuring Wi-Fi, DHCP, QOS, VLANs, VPNs, SMB, RAID, etc
– FreePBX 13+ / Asterisk, IP Phones & SIP
– Android, ADB and Fastboot
Your duties will include:
– Communicating with clients enquiries and technical support requests, either via phone, email or in person (workshop or on-site)
– Creating and processing service tickets, quotes, part orders and RMAs, maintenance of inventory systems
– Carrying out technical repairs on desktop, laptops and small business network equipment, either in the workshop or on-site
– Assistance with maintaining internal and client technical systems (eg. system updates, backup testing, system optimisations, process design and related technical documentation)
Salary will range between $45k to $60k + 9.5% superannuation, depending on skills and experience.
Applicants MUST submit their application via this form to be considered – all other application methods will be IGNORED: https://amigotechnology.com.au/junior-tech-position
Please also check and re-check the links to your resume to ensure they are correct. We will only contact valid submissions. We look forward to hearing from you!