We pride ourselves in being fully transparent with our rates and giving you the best service at the best price. We do this through a hybrid job rate, where we have fixed pricing for common jobs and a variable rate for everything else. We’ve detailed a breakdown of our rates for you below.
Common Fixed Rate Workshop Services
- Phone or in-store quick question or estimate – $0
- Basic installation of system hardware (purchased from us) – $0
- Installation of optimised Windows 10 / MacOS (without personal data transfer) – $70
- Installation of optimised Linux Mint (without personal data transfer) – $60
- Backup and restore of personal data for operating system reinstallation, or transfer of data between systems (assuming no faults) – $60
- Simple dust cleanout and thermal service – $30
Standard Hourly Rate Services
In the complicated tech world that we live in, two jobs are rarely exactly the same. Below are a list of common jobs with typical labour required so you can get an idea on how much a particular job may cost you. Our standard labour rate is $30 per 15 minute block ($120/hr).
- Advanced / complex PC hardware diagnostics – 30 – 60 minutes
- Internet or network setup or diagnostics – 30 – 90 minutes (depending on complexity of network)
- System cleanup, malware or virus removal – 30 – 90 minutes (depending on severity and data importance)
- Setup of data backup systems and training – 30 minutes per PC
- Complex Data Recovery or File Recovery (eg. failing HDD with bad sectors, or accidentally deleted files)) – Typically between 30 minutes to 1.5 hours (depending on disk condition)
Please note: These are only estimates and are not a guarantee. Turnaround time will always vary from labour rates, especially if testing or data migration is involved.
What else is there to know about our rates?
- Hourly rates are calculated in 15 minute blocks.
- Remote support sessions have a minimum charge of 1x 15 minute block..
- Workshop support or repair sessions have a minimum charge of 2x 15 minute blocks.
- On-site support sessions have a minimum charge of 4x 15 minute blocks.
- There is a minimum travel fee of $2 on all callouts. If we need to travel more than 10 minutes for your callout, there is a small excess travel fee, at $2 per minute (one way). For example, if you are 15 minutes away from us, there is a $10 travel fee
- Fixed rate services do not apply to callouts or rush labour – only standard workshop jobs.
- Our after-hours and rush labour rates are $170hr and are billed in minimum 1hr blocks.