We pride ourselves in being fully transparent with our rates and giving you the best service at the best price. We do this through a hybrid job rate, where we have fixed pricing for common jobs and a variable rate for everything else. We’ve detailed a breakdown of our rates for you below.
Fixed Rate Workshop Services – Hardware
- Phone or in-store quick evaluation – Free
- Basic installation of system hardware (purchased from us) – Free
- Complex installation of system hardware (eg. Ultraportable laptops and most All-in-One PCs that require a full teardown) – $60
- Basic installation and testing of system hardware (supplied) – $25
- Basic hardware diagnostics and inspection – $25
- Clean-out of dust and basic cooling systems maintenance – $25
- Full screen replacements on Xiaomi Redmi series devices – $65 + parts
- USB board replacements on Xiaomi Redmi series devices – $30 + parts
Fixed Rate Workshop Services – Software
- Installation of optimised Windows 10 / MacOS (without personal data transfer) – $70
- Installation of optimised Linux Mint (without personal data transfer) – $60
- Installation of legacy or specialised operating system (eg. Windows XP / 7) on bare metal or within a virtual environment (without personal data transfer) – $120
- Installation of stock ROM on supported Android device – $29
- Backup and restore of personal data for operating system reinstallation, or transfer of data between systems (assuming no faults) – $50
- Retrieval of data from supplied storage device (eg. HDD / SSD) onto supplied USB media (in good condition) – $25 per device
- Clone of system disk to replacement disk (in good condition) – $30
- Migration of mailbox between IMAP enabled email systems up to 10GB – $45
- Migration of mailbox between traditional email client (eg. Outlook, Windows Live Mail etc) up to 10GB – $65
- Surcharge for additional data mail migration (per 10GB) – $10
- Migration of contact and calendar data from legacy email systems to Gmail / Outlook.com – $20
Standard Hourly Rate Services
In the complicated tech world that we live in, two jobs are rarely exactly the same. Below are a list of common jobs with typical labour required so you can get an idea on how much a particular job may cost you. Our standard labour rate is $25 per 15 minute block ($100/hr).
- Advanced / complex PC hardware diagnostics – 30 – 60 minutes
- Internet or network setup or diagnostics – 30 – 90 minutes (depending on complexity of network)
- Malware or Virus removal – 30 – 90 minutes (depending on severity and data importance)
- Setup of data backup systems and training – 30 minutes per PC
- Complex Data Recovery or File Recovery (eg. failing HDD with bad sectors, or accidentally deleted files)) – Typically between 30 minutes to 1.5 hours (depending on disk condition)
Please note: These are only estimates and are not a guarantee. Turnaround time will always vary from labour rates, especially if testing or data migration is involved.
What else is there to know about our rates?
- We have no fixed callout fees (excess travel fees may apply)
- We offer free pickup and dropoff of your PC within 5km of our premises
- Hourly rates are calculated in 15 minute blocks.
- The minimum charge for workshop and remote support jobs is a single 15 minute block
- The minimum charge for callouts is a 30 minute block
- If we need to travel more than 10 minutes for your callout, there is a small excess travel fee, at $2 per minute (one way). So if you are 15 minutes away from us, there is a $10 travel fee.
- Fixed rate services do not apply to callouts or rush labour – only standard workshop jobs.
- Our after-hours and rush labour rates are $150hr and are billed in minimum 1hr blocks.